The Nassau BOCES Perkins Consortium provides regional and district-based workshops and activities to all of its consortium members. This is your site for resources, networking and best practices! Click New York State Perkins to learn more about this topic.FREE XTREME INTERN TRAINING FOR YOUR STAFF
119. XtremeIntern: Virtual Internships for College and Career Readiness Program: Curriculum and Instruction: RSIP
Audience: Middle and High School Classroom Teachers, Special Needs Teachers, Counselors and Work-based Learning Coordinators Date: 3/4/2016 Meeting Times: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Broaden your students' career awareness experiences through XTREME INTERN, a free, online career adventure that is designed to assist students in grades 7 - 12 in making career planning decisions.
- XtremeIntern is a fun, virtual corporate world in which your students will identify their career interests for application in choosing high school courses, clubs, internships and post-secondary choices.
- Each student who completes the XTREME INTERN challenge will walk away with new personal insights, along with a "Career Strategy Playbook" filled with valuable information for being college and career ready.
- The student's virtual career adventure takes place at Global Planet Solutions and Cloud City, which are fictitious international conglomerate of corporations representing industries from architecture to zoology.
- The morning session will focus on the internships at GPS suitable for students in grades 10 and above. The afternoon session will focus on the internships at Cloud City which are suitable for grades 7 - 12 including special needs students.
- Completing both sessions will give the participants a comprehensive understanding of the entire career decision-making process.
Register at Nassau BOCES My Learning Plan