The Nassau BOCES Office of Regional Certification is authorized by the New York State Education Department Office of Teaching to evaluate and recommend certification for areas related to professional services. Professional
employees referred by participating districts and Nassau County residents receive responses to questions
concerning certification status. The Regional Certification Office assists and advises school districts on issues related to the employment of non-certified teachers. Information concerning changes in certification regulations is disseminated to participating school districts. Workshops can be presented in local school districts upon request.
• "automated evaluation" this means that your file has not yet been reviewed by an evaluator.
• "manual evaluation" provides a list of met/unmet requirementsSearch for Certification Requirements is an online search tool that allows you to identify the specific requirements
• Recent graduate in a teacher certification degree program, from a college/university, select "teacher approved program" pathway.
• If you hold a valid NYS certification and you wish to hold another certificate then select the "Individual Evaluation for an Additional Certificate".
• First time NYS certification applicant should choose the pathway for the Individual Evaluation.
|George Farber Administrative Center
71 Clinton Road, P.O. Box 9195
Garden City, NY 11530-9195