The first video webinar provides viewers with the following information:
1. The background and basics of SLOs;
2. The relationship between SLOs, the Common Core State Standards, Data Driven Instruction, evidence-based observations, and local measures of student achievement; and
3. The difference between the state/district/school/teacher's role within the SLO process.
The second video webinar provides viewers with the following information:
1. The role Common Core plays in SLOs.
2. Key messages for SLOs.
3. The timeline for 5 key district-level SLO decisions.
4. Tools for district leaders to make the first 3 of their 5 key SLO decisions:
- Assess and identify district-specific academic priorities and needs.
- Identify who will have State-provided growth measures and who must have SLOs as “comparable growth measures.”
- Determine district rules for how specific
SLOs will get set.