April 2020 Meeting- Joint Meeting with Eastern Suffolk BOCES
Joint Meeting with Eastern Suffolk RIC Tech Directors
This month’s agenda will focus on:
- Keynote presentation by Linnette Attai with a focus on data privacy and security in remote learning environments.
For over 25 years, Linnette Attai has been building organizational cultures of compliance and guiding clients through the complex obligations governing data privacy, user safety, and marketing. As founder of the global compliance consulting firm PlayWell, LLC, Linnette provides strategic advising, with a focus on privacy and marketing regulation and industry self-regulation, compliance capacity-building, monetization models, and policy development. She serves as virtual chief privacy officer and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) data protection officer to select clients across all sectors, is a recognized expert in the youth and education sectors, and speaks nationally on data privacy matters.
Linnette is a TEDx speaker (April 2019) and the author of the books “Student Data Privacy: Building a School Compliance Program” published by Rowman & Littlefield (2018) and “Protecting Student Data Privacy: Classroom Fundamentals” (Summer 2019).
- Model Schools Remote Learning Resources Presented by:
- Eastern Suffolk BOCES - Heather Ciccone:
- Nassau BOCES – Ryan Fisk and Melissa Zakalik
- Western Suffolk BOCES - Renee Allen
A question and answer session is built into our time together.