Data Privacy & Security Services
The Data Privacy and Security Service was developed to support districts’ compliance with New York State’s Common Core Reform Act, Education Law 2-D and the Parents’ Bill of Rights, and provide resources to confront the increasing threats to district data and security. Specifically, the Data Privacy and Security Service focuses on three important questions related to district data:
- Where is your district data?
- Who is responsible for data in your district?
- Do those responsible for data know what to do and what not to do?
The Base Service includes access to:
- Inventory Tool – This tool enables districts to compile a list of their software inventory as well as linking to third-party vendor’s software Privacy Policies and Notices thus enabling districts to comply with provisions of the New York State’s Parents’ Bill of Rights. Over 800 products are currently included in the database, and districts may submit requests for additional products.
- Information Security Online PD for Teachers – Web-based security awareness training that follows a structured outline, including a formal assessment and printable certificate of completion.
- Digital Digests & Archived Digests – Quarterly newsletter on the topic of data privacy and security with current information, effective strategies, best practices, and leadership resources.
- D3—Digital Digest Debrief – Deep dive webinar on a featured topic from the Digital Digest.
- Digital Blasts – Timely information as it occurs to keep districts informed of the latest developments in the field.
- Subscribers may access these password protected resources on the RIC One DPSS websiteOpens a New Window..