AP Testing Updates & COVID-19
Please see the latest information below provided by CollegeBoard regarding this year's AP Exams:
About This Year’s AP Exam, published by CollegeBoard
Students remain eager to take AP Exams and to have a chance to earn credit and placement. We surveyed 18,000 AP students and 91% indicated they want to complete this important step, urging us not to cancel this opportunity they have been working toward.
We’ll continue to support students with free resources through exam day. And while we encourage students to wait until closer to the test date to decide, any student already registered for an exam can choose to cancel at no charge.
The AP Program will invest heavily over the next month in the following ways:
- For the 2019–20 exam administration only, students can take a 45-minute online free-response exam at home. Educator-led development committees are currently selecting the exam questions that will be administered.
- AP curricula are locally developed and we defer to local decisions on how best to help students complete coursework. To be fair to all students, some of whom have lost more instructional time than others, the exam will only include topics and skills most AP teachers and students have already covered in class by early March.
- Colleges support this solution and are committed to ensuring that AP students receive the credit they have worked this year to earn. For decades, colleges have accepted a shortened AP Exam for college credit when groups of students have experienced emergencies.
- Students will be able to take these streamlined exams on any device they have access to—computer, tablet, or smartphone. Taking a photo of handwritten work will also be an option.
- We recognize that the digital divide could prevent some low-income and rural students from participating. Working with partners, we will invest so that these students have the tools and connectivity they need to review AP content online and take the exam. If your students need mobile tools or connectivity, you can reach out to us directly to let us know.
All questions regarding the online AP exams can be directed to:
CollegeBoard's Public Memo Regarding the 2020 AP Exams
Updates for Schools Impacted by Coronavirus pdfAP On-line 2020 Full Exam Schedule:
CollegeBoard's Memo Regarding AP Seminar
AP Seminar updates-PDF
CollegeBoard's Memo Regarding AP Research
AP Research Updates -PDF
Update Website for AP Students
Form for student to request technology to complete exam
Update Website for AP Administrators
Helpful Training Videos-provided by CollegeBoardAP Classroom: The Foundations - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3APN9xHmLkA
AP Classroom: Demo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jDx3dGGodk