Nassau BOCES employees must complete a self-assessment before entering a Nassau BOCES building. On September 3, 2020, the agency launched a new daily health screening system to replace the mobile app used by staff over the summer. The new system -- Take Action -- works by sending employees a series of reminders:
- You will receive an email from Take Action every morning. That email will give you an opportunity to safely and confidentially answer the three COVID-19 screening questions.
- If you do not respond to that email, you will receive a text message.
- If you do not respond to the text, you will receive a phone call.
It is important that you complete the assessment before you arrive at work. These procedures were highlighted in our "We're Ready!" video featuring Health and Safety Coordinator Steve Jacob. Watch it here. If you do not get a text message or phone call, please check that your contact information is up-to-date in Employee Self Service.
Below you can see the text that is used in the app for self-assessment.
Below are the two self-assessment questions that should be reviewed before you leave for work. If you answer yes to question 1, you will need to provide a "return to work" note from a qualified medical practitioner before you will be permitted to return to work in any Nassau BOCES facility. If you answer yes to question 2, you will quarantine 10 days and return when asymptomatic.
- In the last 10 days, have you tested positive for COVID-19 or had any of the following COVID-19 related symptoms?
- A fever of 100.0 or greater, or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing or
- New loss of taste or smell
- In the last 10 days, have you had close contact with a currently confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case? Close contact is defined as being within 6 feet for more than 10 minutes. A suspected case is someone who has multiple COVID-19 related symptoms. Their medical provider has determined they need to be tested, and they are waiting for their results. You would not be considered a contact if you have been fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 within the last three months.
Red bar screen
(Only staff who answer YES to the self-assessment will see this screen.)
You answered YES to one of the self-assessment questions.
If you answered yes to Question 1, please seek medical attention. You should take sick leave and fill out the New York State COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave Request Form at https://www.nassauboces.org/nyscovidleaveform. Before you will be permitted to return to in-person work for Nassau BOCES, you will need to provide a “return to work” note from a qualified medical practitioner or the positive lab work to Human Resources at email@example.com. If you answered yes to Question 1 because you are symptomatic from a recent COVID-19 vaccination, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you answered yes to Question 2, and your job can be performed remotely, please send an email with a request for telework to your supervisor with copy to email@example.com. If your job cannot be performed remotely, you may be eligible for State COVID leave. Please submit a New York State COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave Request Form at https://www.nassauboces.org/nyscovidleaveform.
Swipe your ID badge
- Nassau BOCES will keep detailed logs for possible contact tracing in case someone who works in or visits one of our buildings should test positive for COVID-19.
- All staff will be asked to swipe their ID badge as they enter our buildings. This will automatically add staff to the log. If a staff member does not have their ID badge with them, they will need to sign in and out of the building.