DINNER TIME MADE EASY
Slow Cooker Chicken Stew
kristineskitchenblog.comThis Slow Cooker Chicken Stew is full of healthy vegetables and flavor! It cooks all day in your crock pot, so it's perfect for busy workdays.Servings: 8 servings
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 medium red potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 turnips cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 parsnips sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 6 carrots sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- fresh parsley for serving (optional)
Place onion, potatoes, turnips, parsnips, and carrots in the slow cooker. Nestle chicken breasts on top of the vegetables and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, combine the garlic, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, soy sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pour over chicken and vegetables. Add the broth to the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours, until vegetables are tender.
Remove chicken from the slow cooker and transfer to a bowl; shred into bite-sized pieces. Remove ¼ cup broth from the slow cooker and place in a small bowl. Whisk the cornstarch into the broth in the bowl and then pour the mixture into the slow cooker; stir gently. Return the chicken to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 15 minutes on low heat. Serve.
NutritionServing: 1/8 recipe | Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 535mg | Potassium: 1155mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 7669IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutrition information is only an estimate.
Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers
Slow Cooker Sausage and PeppersPrep Time5 minsCook Time4 hrsTotal Time4 hrs 5 mins
Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers is a delicious and easy way to make some fantastic sausage sandwiches. Just dump the ingredients into your crockpot (or instant pot) and let it do the rest of the work!Course: Main CourseCuisine: AmericanKeyword: Sausage and PeppersServings: 5 servingsIngredients
Optional extras for serving
- 1 Package Italian sausage links, halved (around 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 Bell peppers, sliced on the thicker side (any color you'd like)
- 2 Onions, sliced on the thicker side
- 1 splash white wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup broth or water (only if using Instant Pot)
- Hero rolls
- Provolone or mozzarella cheese, sliced
Place sausage, peppers and onion into the slow cooker and top with a splash of wine (or place the ingredients into a zipper bag and freeze- thaw before cooking).
Cover the slow cooker and cook for 4 hours on low heat.
Serve immediately. (Optional- you can toast cut hero rolls for 5 minutes at 350 degrees, top with cooked sausage, peppers, onions and slices of cheese. Return to the oven nd bake 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted).
If using instant pot, add 1/2 cup water or chicken broth. Cook on manual high pressure for 20 minutes and do a quick release. Serve immediately.
- 4 Boneless chicken breasts (roughly 2.5 lbs)
- 1/4 cupOlive oil
- 2 tspOregano, dried
- 2 tspThyme, dried
- 2 tspGarlic powder
- 2 tspSalt, divided
- ½ tspBlack pepper
- 1/2 cupDry white wine
- 2 tbspMinced garlic (6 cloves)
- 1 tbspLemon zest (2 lemons)
- 2 tbspLemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbspBrown sugar
- 1Lemon, cut into 6 slices, optional
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and place them in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to create a thick marinade/paste. Coat the chicken breast with seasoning paste.
- Using the same bowl mix together the white wine, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Pour over chicken breast.
- If using, nestle the lemon slices between the chicken bake for 15 minutes, baste the chicken with the pan juice, bake for another 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reads 165 F.
- 1 lbGround beef
- 1Onion, diced
- 14 oz can green chilies, mild
- 2 cupsChicken stock
- 128 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbspTaco seasoning
- 214 oz cans black beans, drained
- 1 cupFrozen corn
- 1Green bell pepper, diced
- 1Red bell pepper, diced
Taco Soup Toppings
- Sour cream
- Green onions
In a large soup pot, brown the beef along with the onions. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 30 minutes. Serve with warm with cheese, sour cream and/or fresh cilantro.