You have been notified that you are a close contact of someone testing positive for COVID-19 and are subject to a quarantine
Current guidelines state that in order to return to in-person work if you were identified as a contact (more than 10 minutes of being within 6 feet) with a lab-confirmed positive case, you must quarantine for 10 days after exposure before returning.
You do not need to quarantine if you have been fully vaccinated. "Fully vaccinated" means it has been two weeks or more after receiving the second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single dose vaccine. Further, you would not need to quarantine if you have previously recovered from COVID-19 within three months of the exposure.
- If you were notified that this contact took place while you were working for Nassau BOCES, you can expect to receive a notification to your Nassau BOCES email from Human Resources either approving telework during your quarantine or informing you that your work cannot be performed remotely.
- If you were notified that this contact took place while you were not working for Nassau BOCES, please send a telework request directly to your supervisor and copy COVID19leave@nasboces.org. You will be notified by your supervisor or Human Resources that either you are approved to telework during your quarantine or your work cannot be performed remotely.
In each of the above scenarios,
- If approved to telework, please be advised that for purposes of accountability, all remote work must be performed on a Nassau BOCES-issued device or platform (such as the virtual desktop). Please make the necessary arrangements by coordinating with your supervisor. Additionally, you will be required to respond to telephone calls during the workday from an administrator in your department or your supervisor(s) within 30 minutes. If you are unable to do so, you must email or text such administrator or supervisor to acknowledge the missed call and respond as soon as practicable thereafter.
- If not approved, you may be eligible for NYS COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave. In order to apply for such leave, you may download the form from the Nassau BOCES website at: www.nassauboces.org/nyscovidleaveform.
This form should be completed and emailed to COVID19leave@nasboces.org. Someone will follow up with you once it has been submitted.
Consistent with recent CDC guidance, quarantine for individuals exposed to COVID-19 can end after 10 days without a testing requirement if no symptoms have been reported during the quarantine period.
- Individuals must continue daily symptom monitoring through Day 14;
- Individuals must be counseled to continue strict adherence to all recommended non-pharmaceutical interventions, including hand hygiene and the use of face coverings, through Day 14.
- Individuals must be advised that if any symptoms develop, they should immediately self-isolate and contact the local public health authority or their healthcare provider to report this change in clinical status and determine if they should seek testing.