We are so excited for you to join us! At GC Tech, we prepare you for your future. We teach you the skills, knowledge and attributes to be successful in your field. We emphasize professional behaviors and career readiness practices that will serve you no matter what path you choose, and no matter how many times you change direction. Whether academically, with practical skills, or with how you are feeling mentally, this is a community designed for you to be successful.
GC Tech is much smaller than your home school. This year, we have around 180 students in the morning session joining us, and 5 new students in the afternoon session. With a community so small, we are able to give much more individualized attention and support. It helps us get to know you better and it helps you become more comfortable sooner. You will be spending a lot of time here, and we hope your experience is a great one! We are sending out a mailing shortly with paperwork to complete for the beginning of the school year.
Please reach out to our team any time you have questions. I look forward to getting to know you!
Due on the first day of school.
Must be signed by parent/guardian and student.
- Emergency Information Authorization Card (Yellow Card - mailed to you)
- Attendance Policy
- Computer Use Agreement
- Media Release
Program Specific Documents (sign and return)
- Automotive Technology – Testing Requirements and Information Authorization
- Construction Electrical - Testing Requirements and Information Authorization
- HVAC/Plumbing - Testing Requirements and Information Authorization
- EMT Clinical Requirements Letter
- EMT - Year 2: Students will be placed on the ER schedule in the order that their physicals are approved.
- Medical Assisting Clinical Requirements Letter
- Medical Assisting Year 1 - NO PHYSICAL
- Medical Assisting Year 2
Keep at home for reference
- Emergency Planning Guide
- Remind App Information
- School Tool (Grading Platform) instructions**Please note, report cards are not being mailed home this year. They will only be provided via School Tool**
- Nassau BOCES Calendar
- Marking Period Dates – Progress Reports & Report Cards
- GC Tech Uniform Requirements
- Technical Endorsement Exams
Class Supply Lists
- Automotive Supply List - Luna
- Automotive Supply List - Zelman
- Construction Electric Supply List - Hodge
- Cosmetology Supply List - Emmerich
- Cosmetology Supply List - Hyland
- Cosmetology - New York State Licensing 1,000 Hour Requirements
- EMT Supply List - DeCanio
- HVAC/Plumbing Supply List
- Medical Assisting Supply List - Shapiro
- Police Science Supply List
On behalf of Nassau BOCES – GC Tech, I am so excited to welcome you back for the 2022-2023 school year! We are looking forward to having more in person events, opportunities to learn from other classes, and build new traditions for our school community!
Last year, I received meaningful feedback from students and parents about what was working well and ideas of how to make things even better. I would like to hear from everyone about your experience and how we can improve. Your family should fill out the survey form twice - once from the student and once from the parent/guardian. You can access the code from either the link below or the QR code.
Paperwork must be turned in on the first day of school.
As a reminder, your home school provides transportation and should inform you of the details of these arrangements. If you have any questions regarding transportation, please contact your home school. Likewise, if your plans to attend GC Tech have changed, please notify your home school guidance office immediately.
We hope you all enjoy the remaining weeks of the summer and look forward to welcoming you back for the 2022-2023 school year!
Madelaine Hackett, Principal