Our demo module is now available! Scroll down to learn more about accessing the module.
Solar Eclipse Course by Katherine Yodice
Solar Eclipse Module
Did you know that there will be two Solar Eclipses visible in NY next year?
Nassau BOCES and the Center for Online Learning have developed a new mini-course offered at four grade band levels- K-2, 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12 to support students' understanding of how and why solar eclipses occur. These units contain everything you need to make these eclipses come alive for your students.
The Solar Eclipse course is housed in the Learning Management System (LMS) Agilix Buzz. Teachers will be given full editing rights to the course to edit/modify or enhance the content to meet the needs of their students.
- Discussion threads
- Checks for understanding
- Formative assessments
- Complete activities to prepare students to better understand how to prepare and safely view the upcoming eclipses
Your students will be able to:
- Learn how and why eclipses occur
- Learn how to safely view eclipses
- Learn about the cultural and historical significance of eclipses
Our Solar Eclipse demo module is based on our Grades 6-8 module.
1-4 classes $225
5-12 classes $425
$225 per teacher
* Over 12 classes - $45 per classFor more information contactRashell Clarke516-608-6672
Elisa A. Maggi, Supervisor
Eileen Dwyer, Program Specialist
Katie Yodice, Program Specialist
Rashell Clarke, Program Specialist
Robert Mascolo, Program Specialist
Fax: (516) 396-2040