Upcoming D.A.T.E. Forum(s) and Past Presentations
The Digital Age Teaching and Education Forum is a monthly gathering of curriculum/teacher leaders who are passionate about promoting technology in the classroom and supporting the cultural transition to the digital age teaching environment.
Upcoming D.A.T.E. Forum(s)Long Island Model Schools / DATE ForumWhen: January 17, 20188:30-10:30 AM
Where: Eastern Suffolk BOCES
15 Andrea Rd, Holbrook, NY 11741
Who: Teachers and Administrators
Cost: Free for Model Schools subscribing districts$50 for non-subscribing school districts
Past D.A.T.E. Forum Presentations
November 30, 2017, Google Day
What’s New with Google for EDU: https://goo.gl/F17UXD
Going Google in Bethpage UFSC: https://goo.gl/HTYRiK
The Farmingdale Journey: https://goo.gl/igvTfk
Google Admin Console: Best Practices, Settings, Resources
Resource Document: https://goo.gl/9i6fBQ
Survey: https://goo.gl/LFwUeRMay 25, 2017, Digital PlaygroundslittleBits Presentation: Keith Eckert and Mike Saglembeni, Riverside Elementary School, Rockville Centre School DistrictApril 19, 2017, Tools for the Tech Savvy Teacher Unconference & Breakout EDU
Online resources discussed during Tools for the Tech Savvy Teacher Unconference.
Nearpod- online presentation tool and lesson builder, connecting the students’ devices to the presentation. (on BOCES contract)
SculptGL- 3D modeling program for Chromebooks
https://stephaneginier.com/sculptgl/ (direct webpage)
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sculptgl/nekbajpiaklffelkfhkjgfbggpehnpcp?hl=en (chrome web store)
Leopoly- 3D modeling software for zSpace and other platforms
Tinkercad- online 3D design and printing application with online tutorials and searchable open source CAD designs.
SeeSaw- online presentation tool
Sumdog- only math application; games and competition
Pear Deck- online presentation tool and lesson builder, connecting the students’ devices to the presentation.
slack- online professional collaboration tool
Lee Araoz, Lawrence School District
Click here for the presentation
Lee Araoz’s smore.com (https://www.smore.com/jd23x)
http://www.breakoutedu.com/January 26, 2017, "Long Island D.A.T.E. Forum"
- Long Island D.A.T.E. Forum Agenda
- TV NEWS PRODUCTION by David Schneider, Assistant Superintendent for Instruction and Technology Bethpage School District
- How do we define “makerspace” in 2017? by Donna Rosenblum, Program Supervisor Nassau BOCES School Library Services
- Educational Technologies in the ENL Classroom by Annette Shideler, Consultant; Western Suffolk BOCES and LI Regional Bilingual Educational Resource Network
- The 21st Century “Shop” Class / Vex Robotics by Luke Ferland, Technology Education Teacher at the Riverhead High School