Upcoming D.A.T.E. Forum(s) and Past Presentations
The Digital Age Teaching and Education Forum is a monthly gathering of curriculum/teacher leaders who are passionate about promoting technology in the classroom and supporting the cultural transition to the digital age teaching environment.
Past D.A.T.E. Forum Presentations
January 26, 2018, Nassau BOCES Transformation Symposium at Google NYC
January 17, 2018, Long Ialnd Model Schools / DATE Forum
November 30, 2017, Google Day
What’s New with Google for EDU: https://goo.gl/F17UXD
Going Google in Bethpage UFSC: https://goo.gl/HTYRiK
The Farmingdale Journey: https://goo.gl/igvTfk
Google Admin Console: Best Practices, Settings, Resources
Resource Document: https://goo.gl/9i6fBQ
Survey: https://goo.gl/LFwUeRMay 25, 2017, Digital PlaygroundslittleBits Presentation: Keith Eckert and Mike Saglembeni, Riverside Elementary School, Rockville Centre School DistrictApril 19, 2017, Tools for the Tech Savvy Teacher Unconference & Breakout EDU
Online resources discussed during Tools for the Tech Savvy Teacher Unconference.
Nearpod- online presentation tool and lesson builder, connecting the students’ devices to the presentation. (on BOCES contract)
SculptGL- 3D modeling program for Chromebooks
https://stephaneginier.com/sculptgl/ (direct webpage)
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sculptgl/nekbajpiaklffelkfhkjgfbggpehnpcp?hl=en (chrome web store)
Leopoly- 3D modeling software for zSpace and other platforms
Tinkercad- online 3D design and printing application with online tutorials and searchable open source CAD designs.
SeeSaw- online presentation tool
Sumdog- only math application; games and competition
Pear Deck- online presentation tool and lesson builder, connecting the students’ devices to the presentation.
slack- online professional collaboration tool
Lee Araoz, Lawrence School District
Click here for the presentation
Lee Araoz’s smore.com (https://www.smore.com/jd23x)
http://www.breakoutedu.com/January 26, 2017, "Long Island D.A.T.E. Forum"
- Long Island D.A.T.E. Forum Agenda
- TV NEWS PRODUCTION by David Schneider, Assistant Superintendent for Instruction and Technology Bethpage School District
- How do we define “makerspace” in 2017? by Donna Rosenblum, Program Supervisor Nassau BOCES School Library Services
- Educational Technologies in the ENL Classroom by Annette Shideler, Consultant; Western Suffolk BOCES and LI Regional Bilingual Educational Resource Network
- The 21st Century “Shop” Class / Vex Robotics by Luke Ferland, Technology Education Teacher at the Riverhead High School