How to Register
Who can register?Anyone at least 21 years of age looking for a high school diploma.
What do I need to bring for registration?
A valid form of photo identification: DMV driver's license, non driver's license OR passports are acceptable.For a detailed description of the Adult Learning Center's registration process for students, "Student Registration Process"
When can I register for classes?
Choose your preferred location, class dates and registration dates here.
How long is the registration process?
ABE and HSE registration time is approximately 3.5 hours; however, this time can be shorter or longer depending on the student. Registration includes the following:
- Interview with a teacher to complete an application (10-15 minutes)
- Pre-assessment with reading and math (30 minutes)
- Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) reading (50 minutes) and math (75 minutes)
- Writing sample (10-15 minutes)
- Review student contract and program policy/procedure (5- 10 minutes)
Where can I go to register for ABE or HSE classes?To register for classes at our main location go to:
St. Bernard's School
3100 Hempstead Turnpike
Levittown, NY 11756*Testing begins promptly at scheduled time; students will be re-scheduled for the next available testing day if he/she arrives late.
Initial Registration Fees: