Recently, the NYSED Board of Regents adopted Part 121 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education. These rules will implement Education Law Section 2-d and provide guidance to educational agencies on ways to strengthen data privacy and security to protect student data and annual professional performance review (APPR) data.
Due to this adoption, all employees at Nassau BOCES will be required to watch STUDENT DATA PRIVACY (NY STATE ED LAW 2-D) through our video tutorial system GCNtraining.com for the 20-21 school year. Please be aware that this will be an annual requirement.
The video has been loaded into your required video list on the GCN system.
To access, please follow the instructions below:
- Please visit https://www.GCNtraining.com and click the Login to View Training button
- Input the Organization ID 87318N then click Submit
- Your username is the first letter of your first name and your last name (ex: John Smith=jsmith) then click Submit
- Confirm/Update your location and/or position if necessary then click Submit
- The next screen will be your required video list. Click on START to view the required video.
If you have any questions or issues please contact Ms. Michelle Kalischer at 396-2361.
Nassau BOCES believes every employee is entitled to a work environment free from any form of discrimination. To this end, and in accordance with NYS legislation statute E.O. No. 19, Nassau BOCES dictates appropriate training to educate and sensitize all employees. Viewing the videos presented here fulfills this requirement.