As of July 20, 2022, the new cycle for required training has begun for the 2022-2023 school year. Employees of Nassau BOCES are required to watch:
GCN Required Videos for 2022-2023
• Sexual Harassment-NY (25 minutes)
• Student Data Privacy-Education Law 2-d (20 minutes)
• Dignity for All Students Act/Code of Conduct-NY (9 minutes)
• Hazard Communication - Nassau BOCES (18 minutes)
• Multi-Hazard School Safety - Nassau BOCES Instructional (14 minutes) or Non-instructional buildings(15 minutes)
• Student Mental Health - Nassau BOCES (20 minutes)
• Child Abuse-NY (28 minutes)
Twelve-month employees are asked to begin completing the video training on July 1, 2022. Ten-month employees are asked to begin the training on September 1, 2022. Ten-month employees should check with their principals/supervisors for plans to watch the training as a group on Superintendent's Conference Days. All employees must complete the mandatory training by November 15, 2022. Employees who have not completed the mandatory training will be subject to a counseling meeting with their immediate supervisor.
To access the mandatory videos, please follow the steps below:
- Visit www.GCNtraining.com
- Click the "Login to View Training" button
- Enter the Organizational ID 87318N and then click Submit
- Next, enter your username (in most cases, your username is the first letter of your first name plus your last name, e.g., Jane Smith=jsmith) and then click Submit
- Begin watching the videos.
If you have any questions or problems logging into the GCN website, please contact Ms. Michelle Kalischer at 396-2361.
Nassau BOCES believes every employee is entitled to a work environment free from any form of discrimination. To this end, and in accordance with NYS legislation statute E.O. No. 19, Nassau BOCES dictates appropriate training to educate and sensitize all employees. Viewing the videos presented here fulfills this requirement.