Frequently Asked Questions
Who can register?Anyone at least 21 years of age, looking to increase their chances for better employment opportunities.
If you are under 21 years of age, and at least 18 years of age, and not enrolled in your local school district, call the Adult Learning Center's Intake Office for further information, 516-622-5623.
When can I register for classes?
Registration dates are scheduled throughout the school year. Click here for all registration information.
What do I need to bring for registration?
A valid form of photo identification:
- DMV driver's license
- DMV Non driver's license
- Nassau County Parks Leisure Pass
- Passports from your country of origin.
How long is the registration process?
ESL registration time ranges between 3-4 hours; however, this time can be shorter or longer depending on the student.
Testing begins promptly at the scheduled time. Students will be re-scheduled for the next available testing day if he/she arrives 5 minutes after the scheduled time. Registration includes the following:
- Interview with a teacher to complete an application
- English speaking and listening assessment; reading and writing assessment
- Writing sample and further testing assessments
- Review student contract and program policy/procedure
What is the cost of the ESL Class?