Nassau BOCES Education Partner Awards Program
The Education Partner Awards Gala is rescheduled for Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 6 p.m. at the Crest Hollow Country Club.
This fall, Nassau BOCES will honor 15 individuals and one organization that have had a profound effect on public education in Nassau County. The Nassau BOCES Education Partner Awards program pays tribute to outstanding educational leaders, organizations, school administrators, school board members, staff, students, teachers, Nassau BOCES employees and other champions of education. During its 14-year history, the award program has honored nearly 150 education partners.
Following are the 2020 Education Partner Awards honorees, by category:
• Paul Defendini, Superintendent, Farmingdale UFSD
• Dr. Joseph Famularo, Superintendent, Bellmore UFSD
• Arnold Goldstein, Mentor, Educational Leadership Institute; Board Member, Nassau BOCES Educational Foundation
• Dr. Dominick Palma, Superintendent, Merrick UFSD
• Efthymia Rafaelides, Supervisor of Guidance, K-12, Hicksville UFSD
• Dr. Eustace Thompson, Professor, Hofstra University School of Education
NASSAU BOCES EMPLOYEES
• Dr. Christopher Korolczuk, Principal, Nassau BOCES Center for Community Adjustment
• Patrick A. Silvestri, Assistant Principal, Nassau BOCES Adult Education, ESL (English as a Second Language) & HSE (High School Equivalency) programs
• James Widmer, Associate Superintendent for Business Services, Nassau BOCES
• Long Island Children’s Museum, Suzanne LeBlanc, President
SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS
• Keith Gamache, President, Board of Education, East Rockaway UFSD
• Vilma Lancaster, Vice President, Board of Education, Freeport UFSD
• Eric B. Schultz, Immediate Past President/Current Trustee, Nassau BOCES
• Kassidy Rieder, Theatre Student, Nassau BOCES Long Island High School for the Arts, Lindenhurst UFSD
• Daniel M. Christoffel, Retired Art Educator, Bellmore-Merrick CHSD; Professor of Fine Arts, Long Island University
• Andrea Mortillaro, Special Education Teacher, Wisdom Lane Middle School, Levittown UFSD
Date: Tuesday, October 20 Time: 6 p.m. Place: Crest Hollow Country Club
The Education Partner Award recognizes those who have made a substantial impact on public education in Nassau County. A strategic education partner with local school districts since 1967, Nassau BOCES created this program to pay tribute to those who share its commitment to enabling students of all ages and abilities to achieve their maximum potential.
"Each year, it is our distinct honor to recognize and congratulate our Education Partner awardees," said Nassau BOCES Board President Susan Bergtraum, on behalf of the agency. "We are impressed with the quality of the honorees selected for the 2020 awards. They share our commitment to create the safest and best educational environments where all students can thrive. As always, we are grateful for your support of our students and programs."
This year's honorees will receive their awards at a special gala hosted by the Nassau BOCES Educational Foundation on Tuesday, October 20, 2020.