Nassau BOCES School Library System
• Professional development at full-day liaison meetings and other continuing education activities that allow for opportunities to integrate 21st-century skills into the school curriculum.
• Email list, website and meetings that encourage communication among members.
• Advisement on effective school library practices, implementation of the School Library Program Rubric (SLP Rubric) and other collaborative projects.
• Access to inter-library loan for all members, their students and staff
• Use of the NBSLS professional collection
• Access to a union catalog—the collection of materials in Nassau public and independent schools—accessible through the NBSLS website
• Consultation with districts to redesign school library media centers or establish automated systems for cataloging and circulation
• Dissemination of information pertinent to school libraries and school librarians from the State Education Department (SED) and the Department of Library Development
• Findit! Database Authentication page
• Additional state-aid funded resources selected for Nassau County schools.