Adult Education Policies
Nassau BOCES School Closings and Announcements• Check the Nassau BOCES website! As soon as the decision to close the agency is made, it’s posted on the homepage at www.nassauboces.org.• Sign up for emergency closing emails by joining the Nassau BOCES emergency announcement email list and be the first to know about emergency closings. To sign up, go to www.nassauboces.org/closings and enter your email address to be added to the electronic mailing list.
• Call our emergency announcement number: dial 516-396-INFO (4636). This phone line is dedicated to providing up-to-date information about any emergency situation.• You can also view school closings on the following television stations: News12 (Cablevision Channel 12), FiOS1 News (Verizon FiOS Channel 1), WPIX/Channel 11 and Fox 5. Listen for closings on the following radio stations: WMJC 94.3 FM, WKJY 98.3 FM, WBAB 102.3 FM, WBZO 103.1 FM, WWOR 710 AM, WINS 1010 AM and WHLI 1100 AM. Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Parking PolicyAll vehicles MUST park in designated regular parking areas. NO cars may park in designated fire zones, along the building curb line, reserved or administrators parking, or handicapped parking without a valid handicapped sticker displayed.
Student Attendance PracticesStudents should make every attempt to be present for each scheduled class to keep current with the lessons and assignments. Students should be on time. In order to avoid failure, an 80% attendance rate must be maintained. Students who fail the class due to absenteeism will not receive a refund.
Student Grading PracticesA “final grade” may consist of quizzes, tests, a final exam and the demonstration of practical hands-on competencies as determined by the instructor. The lowest passing grade for any class is 74. A “failing grade” will be designated to students who have not demonstrated competency in the subject matter or who have less than an 80% attendance rate. Students will be made aware of their progress on a consistent basis by the instructor.
• Refund requests must be in writing at least five business days prior to the first class meeting - – The date of withdrawal is the date/time your written request is received at the Adult Evening Office. It can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. or faxed directly to us at (516) 832-2853.• Requests received at least five business days prior to the first class meeting - $75 withdrawal fee.
• Requests received less than five days before the first class meeting - – 80% of paid tuition refunded, less a $75 processing fee.
• Requests received after the first class meeting – 50% of paid tuition refunded, less a $75 processing fee.
• No refunds will be made after the second class meeting.
• A request for transfer between classes, semesters, or individuals received after the first class will not be honored and will be subject to the terms of the refund policy.
• Additional information to note:
• Cost of books is non-refundable.
• All refunds take up to 6-8 weeks to process.
• In the event a student is terminated from the program there will be no refund.
• No personal checks.
• No company checks unless a registered vendor.
Nassau BOCES assumes no responsibility, either real or implied, for the personal property of any adult student. Students should review their own insurance coverage regarding personal property liability.
Damage to or Loss of Personal Property
Issues Under DisputeNassau BOCES has an appeal and grievance policy for issues under dispute. A copy can be obtained from the Adult Evening Office or contact is via email at email@example.com
Smoking PolicyNassau BOCES is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on campus, including: classrooms, hallways, bathrooms, offices, on school grounds, behind shops, or parking lots.