Adult Education Policies
Nassau BOCES School Closings and Announcements
Check the Nassau BOCES website
In case of any emergency, please check the homepage, www.nassauboces.org.
Call our emergency announcement number
Dial 516-396-INFO (4636). This phone line is dedicated to providing up-to-date information about any emergency situation.
Sign up for emergency closing emails
Nassau BOCES has an electronic mailing list for emergency announcements. To sign up, enter your email address using the form at nassauboces.org/closings.
Connect with us on social mediaVisit www.facebook.com/NassauBOCES or follow @NassauBOCES on Twitter.
Tune in to the media
The following radio stations provide information regarding school and/or program closings: WWSK (94.3 FM), WALK (97.5 FM), WKJY (98.3), WBAB (102.3 FM), WBZO (103.1 FM), WBLI (106.1 FM) and WCBS Radio (880 AM). You can also tune in to the following television stations: News 12 Long Island, Fox 5 and Newsday.com.
All vehicles MUST park in designated regular parking areas. NO cars may park in designated fire zones, along the building curb line, reserved or administrators parking, or handicapped parking without a valid handicapped sticker displayed.
Student Attendance Practices
Students should make every attempt to be present for each scheduled class to keep current with the lessons and assignments. Students should be on time. In order to avoid failure, an 80% attendance rate must be maintained. Students who fail the class due to absenteeism will not receive a refund.
Student Grading Practices
A “final grade” may consist of quizzes, tests, a final exam and the demonstration of practical hands-on competencies as determined by the instructor. The lowest passing grade for any class is 74. A “failing grade” will be designated to students who have not demonstrated competency in the subject matter or who have less than an 80% attendance rate. Students will be made aware of their progress on a consistent basis by the instructor.
- Refund requests must be in writing at least five business days prior to the first class meeting - – The date of withdrawal is the date/time your written request is received at the Adult Evening Office. It can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. or faxed directly to us at (516) 832-2853.
- Requests received at least five business days prior to the first class meeting - $75 withdrawal fee.
- Requests received less than five days before the first class meeting - – 80% of paid tuition refunded, less a $75 processing fee.
- Requests received after the first class meeting – 50% of paid tuition refunded, less a $75 processing fee.
- No refunds will be made after the second class meeting.
- A request for transfer between classes, semesters, or individuals received after the first class will not be honored and will be subject to the terms of the refund policy.
Additional information to note:
- Cost of books is non-refundable.
- All refunds take up to 6-8 weeks to process.
- In the event a student is terminated from the program there will be no refund.
- No personal checks.
- No company checks unless a registered vendor.
Damage to or Loss of Personal Property
Nassau BOCES assumes no responsibility, either real or implied, for the personal property of any adult student. Students should review their own insurance coverage regarding personal property liability.
Issues Under Dispute
Nassau BOCES is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on campus, including: classrooms, hallways, bathrooms, offices, on school grounds, behind shops, or parking lots.