Why is the chemistry of the hair so imporant?
The Human Hair
Using Glogster, design an info-graphic on your assigned topic. Be sure to include mostly images, video, voice threads, and links, and keywords for text. As you present, you will elaborate on your finding.
- Compare the chemical reformation using chemical hair relaxer and using permanent hair solution.
- Explain the chemical composition of natural hair color.
- Differentiate between a sodium hydroxide relaxation and ammonium thioglycolate relaxer.
- Formulate reasons for Alopecia and the reason the hair releases from the papilla.
- Explain Acid balanced products with human hair and skin
- Explain the chemical process of hair-washing and conditioning.
- Why is a basic understanding of chemistry important to a cosmetologist?
- What is the difference between organic and inorganic chemistry? How does it relate to cosmetology?
- What is the difference between solutions, suspensions, and emulsions? Give examples.
- Explain the structure and purpose of each of the hair’s layers.
- Explain the chemical actions that take place during permanent waving.