Summer Online Learning Academy (SOLA)
Nassau BOCES: SOLA offers students a chance to catch up on their course credits and stay on track for graduation.
- Students will utilize our BUZZ Learning Management System (LMS); an easy-to-use platform that allows students to access and complete all course requirements 24/7.
- All students require access to a desktop computer or mobile device with an internet connection (provided by the district).
- Attendance for coursework at a school-based lab as opposed to working from home is at the discretion of the district.
- Communication with teachers is done through the LMS platform as well as through weekly virtual face-to-face meetings.
- Students must complete a virtual orientation prior to beginning the course
*Orientations are done by appointment and will be scheduled by BOCES staff
Districts must purchase a package of three (3) one-semester Credit Recovery enrollments - $1,315.00
- Credit Recovery Courses in all content areas.
- Original Credit Courses to help students get ahead (AP, PE/Health, Electives, World Language and more).
- Variety of electives courses to choose from; such as forensics, journalism, art and more.
*Prices above include Course Content, Facilitator Fees, and Nassau BOCES Fees but not the cost of course materials
Districts must notify BOCES of the courses they would like for their students so that BOCES may confirm the course's availability prior to student registration.