English as a New Language (ENL) PLUS - for 2018-2019The ENL PLUS Package offers two-hour online professional development course for educators. With twenty ENL courses and fourteen K-12 general classroom courses to choose from. Educators can conveniently learn about evidence-based instructional strategies and methods to enhance their K-12 classroom practice.
District subscriptions for this package include open enrollment to all courses for all district faculty members and administrators. These virtual courses are self-paced; thus, participants are able to complete coursework from any location with internet access 24/7. CTLE Certificates for all courses are available for completed courses by direct download from My Learning Plan on a quarterly basis. All participants must spend a minimum of two hours in the course, receive a minimum grade of 80% on all graded activities and receive at least an 85% for course completion and CTLE credits.ENL Courses:See the partial course listings below as well as a link to the full catalog of offerings through this program.
General PD Courses:See the partial course listings below as well as a link to the full catalog of offerings through this program.
- Best Practices in Literacy for ELLs: K-12
- Best Practices for Inclusive Classrooms and ELLs
- Building Reading Comprehension in English Language Learners
- Common Core Writing Standards and Strategies That Support English Language Learners
- Literacy Strategies for Science and Technical Subjects
- Working the Brain Into Teaching and Learning
- Motivating and Engaging 21 Century Adolescents
- Building Reading Muscle for Struggling Learners
Program Details:• $2,490 per district annually for unlimited access and use• Access to 34+, two-hour virtual sessions that will fulfill the ENL and general PD requirements for CTLE