About Adaptive Physical Education
Teachers: Jane Sarnataro and Steven Hurst
We are looking forward to providing your child with an exciting and rewarding Adapted Physical Education Program.
The goal of our program is to develop and improve your child’s physical fitness and motor skills by providing developmentally appropriate activities through purposeful, creative and fun activities.
Goal: The students will work towards:
1. Understanding and following the routines and rules in the gym.
2. Engage in a variety of Adapted Physical Education and Fitness Activities.
3. Participate in activities designed to strengthen major muscle groups.
4. Working with others to accomplish goals and tasks.
5. Participate in leisure time activities.
This year we have a fun filled year of activities for your child!
September: Parachute Fun
October: Golf; Tennis; Halloween Fun
November: Baseball; Turkey Trot
December: Bowling; Nok-Hockey/Ping-Pong
January: Football; Shuffleboard
February: Dance; Rhythmic
March: Basketball; Yoga
April: Kickball; Kites
May: Street Games; Volleyball
June: Track/Field; Field Day