Barry Tech | Engineering Technologies | Carpentry in Long Island
In Carpentry 1, the students will learn the basics of:
- Hand and power tool use
- Measurement and construction math
- Layout and framing
- Window and door installation
- Exterior siding
- Materials estimation
In Carpentry 2, the students will learn the basics of:
Along with the construction aspect of the program, the students will learn about blueprint reading, estimation, and related English, math and science. Additionally, the students will be taught the basics of financial management.
- Additional hand and power tool use
- Related construction math
- Metal framing
- Drywall, taping and spackling
- Interior trim installation
- Suspended ceilings installation
- Stair and railing construction
- Cabinet installation
Our Alumni Job Portal provides listings posted by our business partners. Check out the listings below to find any available career opportunities.
Elevator contractor and construction
Performing various carpentry, including trim, door & window installations, etc. Pick up materials, if necessary. Must have your own vehicle & hand tools, clean drivers license.