Barry Tech | Engineering Technologies | Construction Trades in Long Island
About This Course
This course will introduce students to the basic construction fields: construction electricity, masonry, plumbing and carpentry. Students will be trained as building maintenance workers, and required to operate hand and power tools and other specialized equipment. Students will obtain an Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 10-hour work card needed to work on major construction sites. Students must be able to work accurately with measuring tapes, and have solid math skills in fractions, multiplication, division and percents. They must also be able to read and follow instructions in operational procedures and on safety warning labels.
Students Will Learn the Basics of
- Plumbing maintenance and repair, such as working with pipes and fittings
- Carpentry, including repair, framing, installation and concrete form construction
- Masonry, mixing and placing concrete, finishing
- Electricity, introduction to basic wiring
- Performing critical thinking as skilled labor
- The set up and use of a laser or optical builders levels.
Our Alumni Job Portal provides listings posted by our business partners. Check out the listings below to find any available career opportunities.
Gutter clean, repairs installation