Construction Trades Skills
Barry Tech | Engineering Technologies | Construction Trades Skills in Long Island
About This CourseStudents in this course will develop the skills they need to begin a career in construction. Students will receive individualized instruction in maintenance work with an emphasis on repair-oriented projects, and participate in active learning in a variety of building maintenance areas.
Construction Trainees Will Learn Skills, Including:
- General carpentry
- Basic plumbing and wiring
Students Will Learn
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards
- Shovel stone aggregate under the direction of a supervisor
- Measure, mark and align structural elements
- Load or unload building materials and distribute them at appropriate locations on a building site
- Erect or dismantle scaffolding, bracing, traffic barricades, ramps or other temporary structures
- Position or dismantle forms for pouring concrete, using saws, hammers, nails or bolts.
Our Alumni Job Portal provides listings posted by our business partners. Check out the listings below to find any available career opportunities.
Gutter clean, repairs installation