Barry Tech | Human and Public Services | Cosmetology in Long Island
About This Course
The curriculum consists of 1,000 hours of both written and practical training. It covers all phases in the field of cosmetology including the newest innovative techniques and methods allowing students to hone and foster their creative skills while being engaged in this student-centered learning environment. Students will be prepared for a rewarding and profitable entry into the growing beauty industry. Cosmetology prepares students for their New York State Board Cosmetology exams, which they must pass in order to become licensed osmetologists in New York State.
Students Will Learn a Number of Skills in a Wide Variety of Areas, Including:
- Skin care
- Eyebrow waxing and shaping services
- Styling hair for special events or prom
- Performing all haircuts including blunt haircut, layered haircut, angels, v-cut, bangs and more
- Applying hair extensions using techniques such as sew-in, tapein, clip-in, micro beads, and more
- Manicuring techniques including nail shaping, fashion forward nail art such as an ombre look, matte nails and 3D nail art.
Our Alumni Job Portal provides listings posted by our business partners. Check out the listings below to find any available career opportunities.