Fashion Design Technology
Barry Tech | Arts and Humanities | Fashion Design Technology in Long Island
About This CourseFashion is an exciting area of study withmany career opportunities. The Fashion Design Skills course will give students an overview of the fashion industry during a 900-hour program with the emphasis on the creative end of fashion design. In this course, students will develop a solid foundation in the practical skills they need to become designers, using state-ofthe-art equipment, such as dress forms and industrial sewing machines. Throughout the course they will compile a professional portfolio to showcase their work as well as create garments that will be highlighted on the runway in an end-of-the-year fashion show.
Young Designers Have the Opportunity to
- Create their Own Original Designs (such as prom dresses and sportswear)
- Model and Exhibit Completed Garments
- Attend Guest Lectures delivered by Experienced Professionals
Students Will Acquire Essential Fashion Skills, Including
- Sketching and Illustration for Fashion Design
- Garment Construction
- Patternmaking for Shirts, Dresses and Skirts
- Development of Slopers for Patterns and Original Design
Our Alumni Job Portal provides listings posted by our business partners. Check out the listings below to find any available career opportunities.