Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Health officials are currently taking steps to prevent the introduction and spread of COVID-19 ("Coronavirus") into communities across the United States.
Nassau BOCES program offices have communicated with stakeholders about COVID-19. We will regularly update this page as more information and resources become available. You can read these communications below:
George Farber Administrative Center Update (March 26, 2020)
Notice to Nassau BOCES staff (March 23, 2020)
Barry Tech and GC Tech remote instruction (March 19, 2020)
Event cancellations and postponements (March 17, 2020)
All Nassau BOCES schools closed until April 1 (March 17, 2020)
Community use of facilities suspended (March 13, 2020)
GC Tech closed (March 12, 2020)
Notice on Coronavirus prevention (March 9, 2020)
Everyone should continue promoting everyday disease prevention strategies:
- If you are sick, stay home from work or school.
- Avoid close contact with those who are already sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or the crook of your arm.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth.
These CDC fact sheets can help individuals, families, and staff understand COVID-19 along with steps they can take to protect themselves:
- What you need to know about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- What to do if you are sick
- Stop the spread of germs – help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses like COVID-19
- Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019
Please rely on updates posted to the NYS Department of Health or the CDC website for the most accurate and timely information on the virus.
New York State Department of Health
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention