Cosmetology I & II
Teacher: Ms. Nicole Spinello
- Barry Tech Graduate!
- B.F.A. in Art & Design Education - Adelphi University
- M.S. in Educational Technology - LIU Post
- Owner of OPIA Hair & Makeup Studio
- The Cosmetology I & II curriculum consists of 1,000 hours of both written and practical training. It covers all phases in the field of cosmetology including the newest innovative techniques and methods allowing students to hone and foster their creative skills while being engaged in this student centered learning environment. Students will be prepared for a rewarding and profitable entry into the growing beauty industry upon graduation. This course prepares students for their New York State Board Cosmetology exams, in which they must pass in order to become licensed cosmetologists in New York State.
Students will learn:
- Highlighting and hair coloring techniques such as ombre, balayage, foiling and special effects color.
- Makeup techniques including highlighting and contouring, eyelash application, winged eyeliner, smoky eye, foundation matching, brows, color correction and SFX (special effects).
- Students will complete full makeovers including fun daytime looks, glamorous night time looks and more.
- Skin care and facials
- Eye brow waxing and shaping services
- Hair styling for all special events or prom
- Advanced braiding.
- All haircuts including blunt cut, layered cut, angels, v-cut, bangs and more.
- Applying hair extensions using techniques such as sew-in, tape-in, clip-in, micro beads and more. Manicuring techniques including nail shaping, fashion forward nail art such as an ombre look, matte nails and 3D nail art.
Course Availability: Grades 11 and 12Course Length: 2 Years