Join the Conversation!
Did you know that there is a thriving educational community waiting to provide guidance, feedback and advice to you? Did you know that this resource is free for all educators across Long Island? Join the more than 8700 educators from around the region in professional dialog in a safe, electronic environment by joining a listserv!
Pick one, or pick many, based on your role in your district*.
*All listservs (except Aspiring Administrators ) are role-based. Please do not request to be a member of a listserv you are not qualified to join.
How To Join:
To join any of the listservs listed on this page, simply send an e-mail to email@example.com.
1, In the subject, please type JOIN.
2. In the body, specify which listservs you would like to join and your position in your district.
3. Indicate the type of membership you would like (see below).
As soon as someone contributes a message to the mailing list, the user will receive a copy of that message.
Each night, the user will receive a single email message containing all the messages contributed to the mailing list that day and the formatting is preserved.
Each night, the user will receive a single email message containing all the messages contributed to the mailing list that day in plain-text; all HTML and attachments will be stripped. At the top of the message will be a numbered list of the subjects in that digest, followed by the complete messages themselves.
Each night, the user will receive a single email message containing all the subject lines of all the messages contributed to the mailing list that day. If any of the messages interest the user, the bottom of the index gives the email command that will retrieve the bodies of the messages.
Please read the Terms and Conditions here before requesting to join the listservs.
The listservs are provided by Nassau BOCES, Western Suffolk BOCES and Eastern Suffolk BOCES and are supported by additional funding from Long Island ASCD and our local Institutions of Higher Education (Adelphi University, Concordia College New York, Hofstra University, LIU Post, Molloy College, St. John's University, St. Joseph's College, Stony Brook University and Touro College).
Once you are a member of a listserv, you can start contributing messages by clicking on the links below:
- Art Department Chairperson
- Aspiring Administrators*
- Aspiring Superintendents Nassau
- Aspiring Superintendents Suffolk
- Assistant Principals Elementary
- Assistant Principals High School
- Assistant Principals Middle School
- Assistant Superintendents Instruction
- Consumer & Family Life Department Chairpersons
- English Department Chairpersons
- English Learners Department
- Guidance Department
- Health Department Chairpersons
- Humanities Department
- Leadership (Friends of Leadership Initiatives)
- Leadership Preparation
- Minority Administrators
- Math Department Chairpersons
- Music Department Chairpersons
- Principals-High School
- Principals Middle School
- Physical Education Department
- Science Department Chairpersons
- Second Language Department Chairpersons
- Social Studies Department Chairpersons
- Special Education Department Chairpersons
- School Improvement
- Staff Development
- Technology Department Chairpersons
*Aspiring Administrators is a moderated listserv.
- Art Department Chairperson