LIHSA offers a comprehensive array of Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) including guidance, counseling and career development. PPS functions as an extension of the home school guidance and counseling department.Guidance Counselor: Melissa Stencel.
Guidance Services Provide:
- Review of NYS Graduation requirements with all students.
- Meeting with home school districts’ school counselors regarding
- LIHSA students.
- Conducting 10th, 11th, and 12th grade conferences to ensure students
- are on target with graduation goals and requirements.
- Regular individual and group counseling sessions.
- Ongoing guidance of students toward meeting career goals.
- Liaison between LIHSA and the College Board (AP Coordinator).
- Communicating with districts regarding the LIHSA application process,
- audition procedures and answering scheduling questions.
College Application At LIHSA, students:
- Are prepared for college.
- Receive one-on-one assistance going through the college and financial aid application process.
- Are matched with the best performing and fine arts colleges.
- Meet individually to go over resumes and essays.
- Prepare for their college audition.
College Information NightThe College Information Night is an event held annually to assist students and their families in the college application process. Families receive a comprehensive presentation outlining all the necessary steps in applying for college, learn about financial aid, and have their questions answered about the audition procedures.