Covid-19 Zoom Room Options
As of July 15th, all licensed accounts created during the 2019-2020 school year will revert back to basic accounts
(A basic account allows for a maximum 40 minute meeting time and 100 participants)
EdLaw2-d compliant Zoom rooms are being offered through a contract with Erie2 BOCES.
All rooms through this contract are part of a state-wide domain system that will be in effect for the 2019-2020 school year only. Each district will have a Zoom administrator who will have the ability to manage users once the initial rooms have been created. Districts will not have direct access to room usage data.
As of July 15th, districts wishing to move forward with the EdLaw2-d compliant Zoom accounts for the new year will need to complete the process below
- Subscribing Districts (Nassau BOCES Video Conferencing Service CoSer 409.520): No cost
- Non-Subscribing Districts: $250 per building. Building licenses cover one-to as many teachers/administrators are assigned to each building.
Estimate: $25 per user account (includes 5% Nassau BOCES administration fee)
1. Forward email to Elisa Maggi and Katie Musantry (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com) including the following information:
- Name and email address of district Zoom administrator
2. Complete Google Spreadsheet found using the dropdown below. Please indicate the Zoom district administrator by backfilling his/her cells in red.
3. An LOI will be sent to all non-subscribing districts beginning on May 8th, if the Erie2 contract is approved
4. District Zoom administrators will be notified when the Zoom accounts have been activated
D.A.T.E. Zoom Tutorials and Information: https://sites.google.com/nboces.net/modelschoolsresources/meet-teams-zoom/zoom?authuser=0
Best Practices for successful Zoom sessions can be found at: https://www.nassauboces.org/Page/11143