Get to Know Us! When people think about Nassau BOCES, they often focus on the students we serve in our schools. But on any day, in every school in Nassau County, Nassau BOCES is there.
Established in 1967, the Board of Cooperative Educational Services of Nassau County (Nassau BOCES) is the largest BOCES in New York State. Serving 56 school districts in Nassau County, our mission has always been to enhance public education and the opportunities available to students of all ages and abilities by providing access to innovative and cost-effective services.
Changing lives and shaping the future
To partner with all Nassau County school districts in providing leadership and the highest quality educational and support services. We are committed to ensuring a successful, challenging, caring and safe environment that enables students of all ages and abilities to achieve their maximum potential.
Excellence, Integrity and Respect
Did you know?
- Nassau BOCES is guided by a nine-member Board, elected by members of the Boards of Education in our 56 component districts.
- We have nearly three dozen locations, with sites ranging from large facilities such as the Joseph M. Barry Career & Technical Education Center in Westbury to a cluster of classrooms in a local school.
- We offer approximately 100 different programs and services that change constantly in response to school district needs.
- In addition to hundreds of classroom teachers and aides, our staff includes educational planners, naturalists, public relations professionals, printers, bus drivers, computer network technicians, web designers, pioneers in the art of data mining and experts in risk management.
- Nassau BOCES is the premier provider of special education services in the region, delivering individualized instruction to over 1,800 students at 10 special education schools throughout the county.
- In all, Nassau BOCES relies on more than 2,500 full- and part-time employees—our most vital asset in meeting school district needs.