Welcome to the Online Learning Academy!
Fully prepare your K-12 students for college and career by enrolling them in the courses they need.
What is OLA?The Online Learning Academy; OLA for short, enables school districts to provide a variety of courses for which in - district faculty or facilities may not be available.Enroll a student in the Online Learning Academy and we will provide:
- Course content for a variety of Core Content and Elective Courses
- A New York State Certified Teacher of Record
- Necessary Administrative oversight
Many Online Learning Academy courses are facilitated by members of the Nassau BOCES Virtual Teacher of Record Team (VTRT). Learn more about the VTRT here. All virtual courses that are facilitated by the VTRT have been enhanced to include the following to help students transition to the virtual environment:
- Up to one-hour of weekly, virtual face-to-face sessions
- Any additional, ongoing virtual support a student may need (audio conversations, IM, email, etc.)
Typical Course Costs for Subscribing Districts:
- Registration begins when a student and their guidance counselor determine if the student is a good candidate for taking online courses. Learn more about what makes Good Candidate for Taking Online Classes here.
- Once student candidacy is determined, the guidance counselor and student should work together to select which courses they would like to take by viewing our course catalog.
- From here they will need to contact their 'District Mentor' to complete enrollment. Learn more about who your District Mentor is here.
SOLA - Summer Online Learning Academy 2018:
Package of three (3) one-semester enrollments - $1,315.00Pricing for 2018-2019 School Year:
Package of five (5) one-semester enrollments (any combination of below) - $3,225.00
- Original Credit
- Credit Recovery
- SUNY Calculus 3
- Advanced Placement (TOR included)
*All Pricing is Per Semester. Cost of course materials NOT included.
Online Learning Academy Course Drop/Extension Policy:
Drop First Week (Foundations of Online Learning Orientation) – No Charge
Drop During First Three Weeks of Course Facilitation: $75
Drop After Three Weeks Course Facilitation: Full Cost
$192 per five-week extension. Must be in multiples of 5 weeks. No drops allowed during extension periods.*Prices above include Nassau BOCES Course Content, Facilitator Fees, Teacher of Record and Nassau BOCES Fees**In the event Nassau BOCES cannot provide a NYS Teacher of Record for a course requested, the student will be enrolled in AccellerateU; the statewide BOCES online learning collaboration. Additional fees may apply.
CoSers: 409.010, 409.511, 409.030