Instructional Data Warehouse
What Is The IDW?CoSer: 602.094
The Nassau BOCES Instructional Data Warehouse (IDW) is a repository for student data collected from multiple sources and organized for analysis and reporting. Those who take advantage of the IDW can access data on multiple criteria without affecting the original source data and enrich district professional learning and instruction.
The data available for district analysis expands as it accumulates from year to year. The IDW provides a wide variety of reports for all New York State assessments to be used for curriculum analysis. It also yields reports regarding diploma type and college tracking of graduates. Data can be downloaded for further disaggregation, and all reports can be saved and/or printed as needed.
Who Can Use The IDW?
As a member of the Data Warehousing Service, the following people have access to the IDW:
- Central office and building administrators
- Teachers (through the Teacher Interface)
Why Is The IDW Important?
Users have the ability to access data, which allows them to:
- analyze individual student results and target areas of strengths and weaknesses to improve achievement.
- support high standards and improve instruction through curriculum analysis.
- assist districts with State Reporting needs.
- analyze and improve pedagogy by identifying areas of instructional strength and weakness.
What Is Included In The IDW Service?Reports for Grades 3-8 Assessment, Regents Exams, NYSESLAT, NYSITELL, NYSAA
- Child Assessment Profile (ChAP)
- Item Analysis
- Reports for Grades 3-8 Assessment, Regents Exams, NYSESLAT, NYSITELL, NYSAA
- Re-rostered Assessment Summary
- Regional comparison of student performance data (Gap)
- Trends Analysis
- Subgroup Analysis
- Wrong Answer Summary Analysis (WASA)
- Training - both in groups and to individual districts
- User group meetings
- Focus Groups to determine district needs
- Telephone support to districts
- Data Warehouse Listserv
- Monthly newsletters
What Additional Services Are Available?
As a member of the IDW service, school districts can also subscribe to:
- Teacher Interface
- Advanced Placement (AP) Project
February 11, 2020
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM NSF Data Collaborative Fellowship: Continuing the Data Conversation
February 13, 2020
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM IDW: Hands-On Training HS Admin - Lab 1
1:30 PM - 3:00 PM IDW: Hands-On Training Teacher Interface - Lab 1
February 27, 2020
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM IDW: Hands-On Training HS Guidance - Lab 1