The School Readiness Playbook
The contents are designed to equip community "players" with the knowledge they need to work together. These players may be in law enforcement or libraries; be in school or retired; be members of a faith community or health care professionals. The Playbook includes information about how each community member can contribute.Specifically, it covers:
- what school readiness is and why it matters;
- how communities can work together to increase school readiness;
- how school readiness is a "win" for each potential player;
- actions diverse players and allies can take;
- examples and advice from communities successfully working together;
- a case study of Westbury, New York’s school readiness efforts;
- ongoing issues and recommendations;
- links to research, reports and over 150 web sites.
All of the content is intended for communities to borrow and adapt or use as-is. The hope is that this guide inspires learning and action among people everywhere who care about helping all young children get a great start in school and life.