Join Nassau BOCES Videoconferencing Services!
Nassau BOCES Videoconferencing service assists subscribing districts with all aspects of videoconference program coordination and professional development. Videoconferencing takes students out of their classrooms and communities for enriching experiences that break down barriers and prejudices. Students have an opportunity to meet with experts at museums (below), zoos, and cultural centers as well as their peers at other schools around the world to share their ideas and expand their awareness of themselves and the world
What comes with the subscription?6 paid VCs:
2 days of PD:
- Choose from our catalogue or CILC- Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration website
- Any 6 that you choose are included in your subscription
Access to the listserv:
- Customized to district needs
- Zoom support
- Facilitating VCs in hybrid/remote environment
- VC Best Practices
- Access to over 1,000 educators who are part of our VC service
- Post to ask for recommendations, ideas etc.
- Free and new opportunities are frequently posted
- Curated timely offerings
- Free VC opportunities
Dedicated Zoom Room
- One Zoom room that can be used for your VCs
- Curated listing of popular VCs and providers- PDF and print form. Online form coming next year
Monthly Class to Class Collaborations
- Opportunity to participate in monthly themed collaboration opportunities
- Support in creating new class to class collaborations within your school, state or the world!
- Support through all aspects of booking process
Opportunity to Purchase Velex Package
- Velex Packages can be purchased which comes with a bundle of 18 VCs
The Member's Corner, which is only accessible to members of the Nassau BOCES Videoconference Service, offers many resources to educators who are planning videoconferences in their schools.
- Documents and tutorial videos to help you set up and run videoconferences using Zoom, technology that every member district has access to.
- A searchable PDF of the latest Videoconference Catalog will guide you to finding and booking engaging educational videoconference experiences for your students.
- Monthly Newsletter- Reports videoconference news from member districts, technology updates and more.
- VC Yelp Review, where educators can rate videoconferences and view what other members think about videoconference lessons they've seen.