Nassau BOCES Presents the 2017 Education Partner Award Honorees
This spring, Nassau BOCES will honor 14 people and organizations that have had a profound effect on public education in Nassau County. The Nassau BOCES Education Partner Awards program pays tribute to outstanding community and business leaders, civil servants, government officials, nonprofit executives and volunteers, organizations, school administrators and staff, students, teachers and Nassau BOCES employees.
During the past 11 years, more than 100 individuals have been honored with the Nassau BOCES Education Partner Award, which recognizes those who have made a substantial impact on public education in Nassau County. A strategic education partner with local school districts since 1967, Nassau BOCES created the award to pay tribute to those who share its commitment to enabling students of all ages and abilities to achieve their maximum potential.
This year’s honorees will receive their awards at the 11th Annual Education Partner Awards Gala on Wednesday, March 29, 2017. The gala is sponsored by the Nassau BOCES Educational Foundation, an independent, community-based organization devoted to enhancing educational opportunities for students who take part in Nassau BOCES schools, services or programs. The Foundation supports initiatives that are beyond the scope of the agency's budget.
“It gives us great pleasure to congratulate our 2017 Education Partner honorees,” Nassau BOCES Board President Eric Schultz said on behalf of the agency. “They are all extraordinary, sharing our commitment to creating safe and caring educational environments where all students can achieve their greatest potential. We are grateful for your support of our students and programs.”
Following are the 2017 Education Partner Awards honorees, by category.
- Amy Bass, President Emerita and Founder The Ed. Foundation (Port Washington); President, Friends of Port Washington Library
- Lynette Batts, Executive Director, Littig House Community Center
- John D. Cameron, Jr., P.E., Managing Partner, Cameron Engineering Associates, LLP
- Dr. James Hunderfund, Superintendent, Malverne UFSD
- The Late Honorable Judy Jacobs, Legislator, Nassau County
- Mark Schlobohm, Parts and Service Director, Honda City
Nassau BOCES Employees:
- Francis M. Ferrara, Special Education Teacher, Career Preparatory High School
- Judith A. Hynes, Principal, Specialized Schools
- Robert Lombardi, Principal, Willet Avenue Middle School
- New Ground, Inc., Shannon Boyle, Executive Director
- Faiz Kapadwala, Alumni, Nassau BOCES Barry Tech Project Manager, Telecommunication: Emergent Wireless Solutions
- Steven E. Vasquez, Hicksville High School, Hicksville UFSD
- Annamaria Zisimatos, Board Member, Children’s Hope India 3, Hicksville High School, Hicksville UFSD
- Elizabeth Biscotti-Sacco, Social Worker, Archer Street School, Freeport UFSD
For additional information about the Nassau BOCES Education Partner awards, including profiles of prior year honorees, please visit www.nassauboces.org/educationpartner.