Presenting the 2022 Nassau BOCES Education Partner Award honorees
Fifteen honored for outstanding contributions to education
Later this spring, Nassau BOCES will honor 11 individuals and four organizations that have had a profound effect on public education in Nassau County. The Nassau BOCES Education Partner Awards program pays tribute to outstanding educational leaders, organizations, school administrators, school board members, staff, students, teachers, Nassau BOCES employees and other champions of education.
This year's honorees will receive their awards at a special gala scheduled for May 10, 2022, which is sponsored by the Nassau BOCES Educational Foundation. The Foundation is an independent, non-profit, community-based organization. Its purpose is to acquire and distribute funds to enhance educational opportunities for all students who attend or take part in Nassau BOCES schools, services, or programs. The Foundation supports initiatives that are beyond the scope of the agency's budget.
During the past 15 years, over 175 individuals and organizations have been honored with the Nassau BOCES Education Partner Award, which recognizes those who have made a substantial impact on public education in Nassau County. A strategic education partner with local school districts since 1967, Nassau BOCES created the award to pay tribute to those who share its commitment to enabling students of all ages and abilities to achieve their maximum potential.
"Each year, it is our distinct honor to recognize and congratulate our Education Partner awardees," said Nassau BOCES Board President Susan Bergtraum, on behalf of the agency. "We are impressed with the quality of the honorees selected for the 2022 awards. They share our commitment to creating the safest and best educational environments where all students can thrive. As always, we are grateful for your support of our students and programs."
Introducing the 2022 Education Partner Award honorees, by category:
• Dr. Albert Inserra, Retired Superintendent, College Professor, Dean and President
• Dr. Robert Manley, Editor in Chief, Journal for Leadership and Instruction, SCOPE
• Rebecca Sanin, President and CEO, Health and Welfare Council of Long Island
• Gwyeth Smith, Founder and President, College Quest
NASSAU BOCES EMPLOYEES
• Dr. Robert R. Dillon, District Superintendent, Nassau BOCES
• Anthony Fierro, Executive Director, Nassau BOCES Department of Facilities Services
• Barbara Longo, Retired, Assistant Director, Nassau BOCES Department of Special Education
• Freeport Educational Foundation, Butch Yamali, President
• Long Island Regional Technical Assistance Center (LIRTAC), Jacob Dixon, Regional Convenor and Center Coordinator
• Massapequa Kiwanis Club, Michael Mazzola, President
• Workforce Career Readiness, Dr. Corinthia Price, Founder and CEO
SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS
• Maria Jordan-Awalom, President, Board of Education, Freeport UFSD
• Sunita Manjrekar, Secretary, Hicksville Board of Education, Hicksville UFSD
• Nicholas Hydo, Barry Tech Video Production Alumnus, Technical Director, MSG Networks
• James Hughes, Social Studies Teacher, Farmingdale High School, Farmingdale UFSD
For additional information about the Nassau BOCES Education Partner awards, including profiles of prior year honorees, please visit www.nassauboces.org/educationpartner. For information about the gala, including how to purchase tickets, visit www.nbeducationalfoundation.org.