Administrative buildings reopening delayed until July 1
Thank you again for your ongoing efforts on behalf of our school districts and the students they serve during these historic and challenging times.
We received a lot of feedback regarding the reopening plan and took it to heart. Out of an abundance of caution, we are delaying our administrative offices reopening until July 1.
On July 1, all 12-month employees, in all buildings, will return to in-office work two days a week on a schedule prepared by their supervisors. This does not preclude some essential workers, as determined by their supervisors, from being requested to return to in-person work earlier. Other staff members may request a return to in-office work earlier. Supervisors will make these decisions keeping in mind the 50% occupancy guideline.
The change in date will allow us to be better prepared in a number of ways. It will allow us to:
- Get our new visitor management system in place;
- Share a new app that will be used for the required self-check procedure that must be done by all employees at home before they leave for work;
- Provide staff with more time to get their summer childcare plans in place;
- Ensure that we have sufficient quantities of personal protective equipment (PPE);
- Consider how many webcams and headsets we will need and order them;
We will be making a decision soon regarding whether to hold our Special Education Extended Year Program in person. We are waiting for the results of a survey that was sent out to staff and students’ families before we decide.
Please continue to visit www.nassauboces.org/reopening for information and updates about reopening. If you cannot find the information that you are looking for there, please email email@example.com. These emails are being read and forwarded to the appropriate administrator.
Thank you again. Have a great weekend.
This information is accurate as of June 12 at 12:30 p.m.