How do I register for courses?
- Full tuition must be received upon enrollment in a class. Classes are filled on a "first come, first served" basis.
- Adult Career and Technical Education Training reserves the right to change locations, times, or dates, where necessary, or to cancel classes.
- Choose one of the following ways to register:
- Internet: View Online Course Catalog and Register Here.
- Phone: With Visa, Mastercard or Discover card. Call 516-622-6950.
- In Person Registration: At Joseph M. Barry Career & Technical Education Center, 1196 Prospect Avenue, Westbury, NY 11590. The office is open Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and 4:30 – 9:30 p.m., Fridays from 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Purchase Order: Organizations enrolling staff for training can be invoiced if a purchase order number is provided.
General Admission Guidelines
- Courses are taught in English. Students must be able to read, write and follow directions at a 9th grade or above level and possess strong math skills.
- Students must possess the ability to problem solve, measure, calculate, analyze, set priorities and choose appropriate instruments.
- For many classes, students are required to perform fine and gross motor skills including, but not limited to: small muscle control, manual dexterity, lifting, pushing and pulling (100 lbs.), standing in one place for long periods of time, bending and stretching. Students must also possess eye/hand coordination and spatial abilities.
- Students must be able to have full use of senses: vision, hearing, touch and smell; normal or device corrected. Students also must be able to distinguish color and shape.
- Once employed, all trade students may be subject to background checks and drug screening. For union apprenticeships, students must possess a High School Diploma or High School Equivalency (HSE).
- All students in health care classes must present a copy of their High School Diploma, HSE or translated copy of a foreign diploma upon registration of class.