Request a new distribution list
This article covers how Nassau BOCES administrators can request a new distribution list (listserv).
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a new listserv.
Send an email to email@example.com and include the following information:
- The desired name for your listserv, e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as a brief description of the intended usage for the list.
- The owner of the listserv. This person will be the main point of contact for questions about the listserv.
- The desired format for the list (select one of the following):
- Announcements (only designated staff members can send messages - please provide a list of staff members who need permission to send)
- Discussion (any subscriber can "reply to all")
- Moderated (messages need administrator approval first)
2. Prepare the list of email addresses for addition to the list.
- Email addresses should be maintained in an Excel or CSV file.
- Note: Email addresses can only be added to listservs for recipients who have provided express permission to email them.
Need more help?
- Contact the List Manager at email@example.com or 396-2207 for additional assistance.