Manage message approval for a moderated list
This article covers how List Administrators with moderated distribution lists (listservs) can review and take action on messages that require approval. Moderated listservs can only be managed through Outlook on the Web.
1. Log in to Outlook on the Web.
- Visit https://outlook.office.com/.
- Be sure to log in using your List Administrator account credentials instead of your Nassau BOCES employee email.
2. Click on an email message with the subject 'Approval requested.'
- The moderator receives an email with a request to approve or reject the message. The text of the message includes buttons to approve or reject the message, and the attachment includes the original message to review.
3. The moderator can take one of three actions.
- If approved, the message is distributed to the listserv.
- If rejected, the message is not delivered and the sender is not notified.
- If the approver either deletes or ignores the approval message, an expiration message is sent to the sender. This happens after two days.
Need more help?
- Contact the List Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 396-2207 for additional assistance.